Sunday, October 21, 2007

Selling out or Breathing it in?

On July tenth of the current year Against Me! one of my favourite bands released their new CD entitled "New Wave." I had my doubts at first but was mistaken by the slight change in direction for the band and I'm sure others were also. But after a good listen to the album all the way through i had discovered that not only was i wrong about it being not up to the standards of the old album but it was a modern musical master piece the likes of which this generation is desperately in need of witnessing. I was also doubtful about the quality of this new album because of all the attention it was receiving from the media. For the first time i was seeing Against Me on the T.V. and hearing them on the radio and i remember think to my self there goes another band thrown to the mercy of the media and becoming just like every other Joe Blow band out there making the same music that says nothing and means nothing. But also, people started to come up to me after seeing my shirt(I bought at their show I went to last year) and saying, "Oh you listen to Against Me? I do too I love New Wave" which only made me angry because I just thought you haven't got a clue do you, you don't even appreciating what paved the way for "New Wave" but after a proper musical evaluation of the album I was wrong this new album is amazing and coming from a musicians point of view this is like I said up there ^^ this is a modern musical masterpiece. Alright I'm done but if anyone wants to hear some amazing music buy Against Me's new album "New Wave" but also listen to "Americans Abroad" to give you a taste of the old before hearing the new. Thats it!



-Steve


P.S. the new Foo Fighters album "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" and Radiohead's "In rain bows" just came out and they are both extremely amazing albums i recommend them to anyone who's got an open minded to music of any genre.

3 comments:

Wingfield said...

rainbows is one word steve

HurleyGirly said...

I love Against Me!
You know this.
You also know that I love both there old and new "waves" (albums)
However everytime I listen to the New Wave album I am always struck by another line from an older Against Me song "can your pop sensibilities sing me the end of the world".
It's from Cliche Guevara.
It makes me think...
Against Me, can your pop sensibilities sing me the end of the world...?

**Ellen

Caleb Sebben said...

Good blog Steven! I don't believe that just because you're on TV means that you sell out. You sell out because you finally have success? People should be happy for them, not mad. They finally got successful. Good job.